My New Toy - QRP Transceiver X1M from Xiegu Technology

During Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2013, i'm going back to my wife hometown at Kuala Pilah to celebrate the Raya Festival. I decided to bring along my FT897 for DXing. But 1 problem i had that time is It's to heavy to carry the transceiver, PSU and tuner even i have put it in the carry box. So that time come in mind that i should buy the QRP transceiver for the portable DXing. 

A weeks later i search through the internet any available QRP transceiver that available  in the Malaysia market.Thanks to 9W2NMX(Zamri) that introduce me to this X1M transceiver. After a short review about the quality and performance, i decided to buy this transceiver from a local HAM friend.

On 27 August 2013, I buy this transceiver from local HAM with Zamri join me. According to the seller, this is were X1M kit version. The X1M picture of mine and the specification were like below:

Specifications:




Frequency range RX & TX:  100 kHz ~ 30 MHz*
Modes: USB & LSB & CW
Power output: 5 Watts
Operating voltage: 12 vdc
Operating current: 0.35 ~ 1.2 amp
Receiver Preamplifier:  Yes
Memory Channels:  100
RIT Function:  Yes
Automatic Internal CW Keyer:  Yes
Backlight On/Off:  Yes
Keyboard  lock:  Yes
Dimensions:   3-13/16 x 1-9/16 x 6-1/8 inches
Weight:   0.65 kg  ~  1.43 lbs
PTT Microphone:  Included
Computer Control:  Compatible with Ham Radio Deluxe(factory adapter required - Choose Icom IC-718 in HRD)



* Transmits continuous 100 kHz - 30 MHz via  Menu option.  Preset transmit range is the five US bands shown below.
Five Ham Bands are configured with bandpass filtering.  Transmitting on frequencies outside these ranges will require external bandpass filtering.

Band 1:    3.5 ~ 4.0 MHz
Band 2:    7.0 ~ 7.3 MHz
Band 3:   14.0 ~ 14.350 MHz
Band 4:   21.0 ~ 21.45 MHz
Band 5:   28.0 ~ 29.7  MHz
Receiving sensitivity: better than 0.45uV,
RF output power: ≥ 4.5W
Frequency stability: better than 0.5ppm
Frequency accuracy: better than 0.5ppm
Operating voltage: 12.0 ~ 14.0V DC
Receiver Standby Current: 0.5A
Emission current: 1.5A Max

This transceiver PSU I connect with my homebrew PC Power Suppy which is suitable to use with this transceiver. I have not yet do any QSO with this transceiver so can't really know the true performance that this rig can handle. I will update the latest review of this transceiver an
post it so that you (reader) can compare and do some benchmark about it.

Here is the transceiver picture after I connect it to my homebrew power supply.


Thanks for reading some quick review here, and see you again in my next writing. If you have any question, please do email me: 9m2aim [at] gmail.com (replace [at] with @).

73!